Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tie Dye Lace Cropped Shirt

 Late last night, I absolutely had to make this shirt! I got a plain white heavy-duty T shirt from Michael's, along with this tie dying kit that came with dye, gloves, and 2 fabric patterns- lace, fishnet, and a little doily thing. I used black dye in a spray bottle and the lace pattern to make this shirt, and it turned out really cute!
 So I started out with the plain t shirt, and put it on top of a trash bag so it didn't go through to the table. I also but a plastic bad in between the shirt so it didn't go through to the other side.

 I started out by rough-cutting the shirt shorter. I first put it on to see where I wanted it, then I just cut all the way around. Cut a little less than you think you'll want, because you can always cut more later.
 Black dye in a spray bottle!
So I put the lace pattern over the shirt, and sprayed in stripes. It looks a bit like a jail shirt, but oh wells.
 
Then I waited overnight and washed the shirt in cold water! It's hard to tell from the picture, but it actually turned out really awesome. I cut out the neck, too, and I'm going to cut the sleeves a bit. It looks really cute on, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment