Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nail Polish Quality Experiment


Thumb: China Glaze-For Audrey
Pointer: Essie-Mesmerize (or Mezmerised...I've seen it both?)
Middle Finger: Claire's Cosmetics- Light Blue Irridescent
Ring Finger: Sally Hansen- Marine Scene
Pinky: OPI- What's With the Cattitude?

I painted every nail exactly the same, and I tested them to see which one was the best!
China Glaze: This one held up pretty well for a thumb (meaning I text with my thumb a lot.) There was just some moderate chipping on the edges, but nothing too bad.
Essie: This was surprisingly AWFUL! It was easily the most chippy. It chipped on not only the tips, but at the bottom of my nail, too. In it's defense, it was on my pointer finger, which gets used a lot...but this is my left hand!
Claire's: I knew it wasn't going to do well even before I put it on. I just wanted it to compare the others to. It was also pretty bubbly and really sheer, but I do really like the color! It's a nice summery color if you don't mind it leaving really quickly. 
Sally Hansen: This was definitely the winner. It held up the best out of all of them, even after about 2 weeks. I was surprised! But it was kind of bubbly, too. But most of my nails were and I think it's because I did them outside. I don't know what that has to do with anything but I think it made it bubbly!
OPI: This is the second place, NOT surprisingly! OPI is like the most popular salon line, and for a good reason! I like OPI because it's pretty thick, and the brush is wide (which means you need less coats and brush strokes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment