Sunday, June 19, 2011

Perfect Manicure/Pedicure

Here's a picture of my disgusting foot. It's really nasty and ugly, but whatever. Start with clean nails with nothing on them...
And fingernails with my awkwardly long ring fingernail...
These are all the supplies I used. Essie nail polish; Revlon topcoat; OPI cuticle oil; a set of cuticle clippers, nail clippers, nail file, and cuticle pusher backer thingy that I got years ago from Bath and Body Works; a 4-sided nail buffer/filer from Sally Beauty Supply; and a nail file!

Basically, I just cut my nails straight across and filed them down to the shape I like, which is a squoval...meaning straight across the top and slightly rounded on the edges, but not too much rounded to avoid a nasty ingrown nail. For my feet, I used a pumice stone because they were really disgusting and needed it.

Then I  buffed my nails a lot, because I have a lot of ridges in my nails but I like them to be smooth.

After that, I put cuticle oil on my cuticles, and pushed them back. I washed and dried my hands, and I did the hugest bad thing you can do to your nails, and I cut my cuticles off. I just wanted to, because it looks better. But it is bad. So don't do it.

Finally, I did a base coat, 2 coats of polish, and a topcoat. TA DA

Notice how my nail is bleeding...that's what happens when you clip your cuticles. The color is Essie-Fair Game
  
I didn't clean up my nails before this, but you can take a Q-tip and nail polish remover and clean up the edges.
Essie- French Affair

No comments:

Post a Comment