Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bible Verse Painting

 

I was at Michael's the other day, and I finally got the big 7 (I think) pack of canvases that I'd been eyeing for basically forever. I chose the square ones because I made the mistake of asking my mom's opinion when really I wanted the rectangle ones, but oh well. So I got it home and wasn't sure what I was going to do with all of them, but I figured that at some point in my lifetime I'd find something to do with them (plus I had a coupon, so really I HAD to buy them.) 
I've had this idea for a while, so I decided I'd give it a try. I started out by picking my colors and doing some mixing on my palette. Then I just got to work painting random stripes all over the background so it was pretty much covered. I didn't intend for this to be perfect, and it's not, so that's good. I just did what I wanted to do and created this kind of cool multicolored background. Then I got the darkest/brightest color I'd made and drew a cross as the picture in the background, and detailed the edges with a few strokes of white. Then after everything dried completely, I wrote one of my favorite Bible verses in Sharpie. 
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 and 1 Corinthians 13:13
I'd really like to do this again with the same general idea: stroke-y background, main solid picture, and verse or quote. It was almost too easy and really fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment